Task Force 3 seeks to improve access to rare cancers treatments and standard of care, and it is committed:
- To facilitate access to reimbursement information and procedures & decision-making tools.
- To improve transparency between Member States in terms of treatment availability.
- To favour a common approach regarding the condition of use, distribution and the patients targeted for the compassionate use of unauthorised new medicines.
In light of the conclusion of the Joint Action on Rare Cancers (JARC), members of Task Force 3 will build upon the JARC’s deliverables relevant to the goals it has set itself in order to keep pursuing the RCE mission. They will be looking to implement the following recommendations of the Rare Cancer Agenda 2030:
- Recommendation 7: Appropriate state-of-the-art instruments should be developed in rare cancer fit to serve clinical decision-making in conditions of uncertainty.
- Recommendation 8: Regulation on rare cancers should tolerate a higher degree of uncertainty being disease-adapted and providing developers of innovation with certainty of rules across the EU.
Additional relevant RCE and Task Force 3 Activities:
On 29 February 2020, in celebration of Rare Disease Day 2020, Rare Cancers Europe launched of a brand-new tool: The Rare Cancer Treatment Portal.