In the context of RARECAREnet - a 3-year, EU-funded project aiming at building an information network to provide comprehensive information on rare cancers to the community at large - ECPC, RARECAREnet and the Belgian Cancer Registry are organising a meeting on the quality of care for rare cancers in Belgium and the best model to ensure optimal quality, 16 April 2015, 13:00-18:00, Leopold Hotel Brussels EU, Rue Luxembourg 35, 1050 Brussels (France Room).
During the meeting there will be expert discussions on:
- State-of-the-art rare cancer activities in Belgium and the growing issue that these cancers pose
- The quality of care for rare cancers in Belgium and on the best model to make sure that the quality is optimal (importance of centralisation, reference networks, referral to another country)
- Where should the treatment of rare cancers take place?
We will discuss Belgian results of RARECAREnet studies undertaken in collaboration with the Belgian Cancer Registry:
- The high resolution studies to define criteria for centres of expertise for four rare cancers (soft tissue sarcomas, head and neck tumours, neuroendocrine tumours and tumours of testis)
- The study on hospital volume of the treatment for rare cancers
The meeting targets Belgium stakeholders, however those interested can contact Kalliopi Cristoforidi.